Monday 13 June 2011

What to do......

I don't know about the rest of you but I for one am starting to get really cheesed off with this weather. It's June for god sake and not only is my hair in a permanent state of frizz but deciding what to wear every day is becoming a huge problem. I'm adamant i'm not going to get my knitwear and boots out of the loft but all those beautiful summer dresses and skirts I've bought just don't seem to cut it PLUS  my poor pasty legs haven't seen sunlight for so long I don't dare to bare them! However if others out there are suffering similar dilemmas then despair not i've found the solution-the maxi skirt. Its a huge trend this season and will do for any weather. From chiffon to jersey, vivid print to bold colours, theres a style out there to suit every occasion and every person! This weekend I opted for my grey jersey maxi from Asos (£25). I paired it with biker boots as ballet pumps were simply not going to sustain the pouring rain but on sunny days (if we ever see them) would opt for some sandals instead. A loose tee and biker jacket kept the look quite casual.





If you're unsure about rocking out in a maxi then check out some of these celebs for a bit of inspiration:












Here's my pick of the best maxi skirts out there:


Keeping it casual:
Topshop £35


James Perse £185

 


 Oh so pretty:


Miss Selfridge £36



Rare £45






Make a statement:
Roksanda Ilincic £343.50


Emilio Pucci £710

No comments:

Post a Comment